PSHE - Growing and Changing
Click the links below to view the presentation "Growing and Changing - Home learning lessons on puberty".
Week 1: Fractions
Please read through pages 36-45 in the Year 6 SATs CPG study guide.
- Solve questions 1-10 on pages 50-51 in the CPG guide
- Comparing/Ordering Fractions and Addition/Subtraction of Fractions (pages 43 and 44 linked here). Look at the examples and work through at least one set (A, B or C) from each page.
Fractions Problem Solving:
Week 2: Decimals and Percentages
Please read through pages 46-49 in the Year 6 SATs CPG study guide.
- Solve questions 11-15 on pages 50-51 in the CPG guide
- Fractions/Percentages of Amounts and Fractions/Percentages of Quantities (pages 66 and 67 linked here). Look at the examples and work through at least one set (A, B or C) from each page.
Week 3: Perimeter, Area and Volume
Please read through and revise pages 70-77 in the Year 6 SATs CPG study guide.
- Solve questions 9-14 on page 79 in the CPG guide
- Area and Perimeter 1 and Volume (pages 96,97,102 and 103 linked here). Look at the examples and work through at least two sets from each double page.
Week 4: Measure
Please read through and revise pages 66-69 in the Year 6 SATs CPG study guide.
- Solve questions 1-8 on pages 78-79 from the CPG guide
- Converting Units (pages 91 and 92 linked here)). Look at the examples and work through sets B and C from page 91 and at least two sets on page 92.
Converting Measures Problem Solving:
Click here for answers to the Problem Solving White Rose Activities.
In addition to the above, please practice the 2017 previous SATs papers:
- There are lots of high quality Reasoning Maths Activities on the NCETM website. Some of these are very challenging, especially the “Mastery with Greater Depth” Activities.
- There are lots of Maths Activities and Puzzles to download from Twinkl in the “Spring Themed Maths Activity Booklet”. Answers are available in the same folder.
- Remember you can use Times Tables Rockstars to practice your times tables! Your username is your first name and the password is “rockstar”.
Some extra suggestions you might like:
- Marwell Zoo, Edinburgh Zoo and many others around the world are offering access to live webcams for children to watch their animals in action!
- Storytime from Space - This website includes videos of astronauts reading children’s bedtime stories from space.
- Joe Wicks is running a daily exercise session on Youtube called ‘P.E. with Joe’.
- Scholastic have created a ‘Learn at Home’ section on their website, in which there are 20 days’ worth of lessons tailored to suit your child’s age group.
- The Scouts website shares some fantastic ideas for fun, educational activities.
- Love Reading 4 Kids is a fantastic website which allows children to explore a wide range of books suitable for their age group. For each book, an extract is available to read. (You will need to create a log in for this).
- Audible are offering free audiobooks for children of all ages.
- The Science Museum have created games and apps which are free to access.
- It would be wonderful if you could write a letter which you could post to someone in a local care home. You can tell them a little bit about what makes you special and share tips about staying safe and positive during this time.